Sunday 26 April 2009




Learning Crochet!

I've seen several pretty crocheted flowers recently and decided to have a go!
I sent for a begnner's guide and a book of 100 flowers, but couldn't wait .... long ago I made four granny squares at a craft class - but can't remember how I did them.
So I found a hook and as all I can do is chain and slip stitch "free form" is for me.
It's fun so I'll be doing more!
I'm a granny who can't crochet a granny square so I've done a rectangle in two different texture wools, using chain and slip stitches randomly.
The flowers, added on top, are in chain stitch.
The background colours are more golden than shown here.

1 comment:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hello Connie, just popped over to see you. I have been admiring your crochet flowers on flickr. Hope you have had better weather than me this weekend, it has been pouring with rain both days. Carolyn xx